|By Marketwired .||
|November 21, 2012 07:45 AM EST||
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/21/12 -- This holiday season, HP (NYSE: HPQ) offers resources to help families connect and fulfill the wishes of gift givers everywhere with a selection of printers, PCs, and customized printing projects and publishing options.
Create connections for the happiest of holidays(1)
HP offers holiday-themed tools and resources to help families connect with loved ones, prepare for the holidays and get the most out of their time together.
Beginning Nov. 21, HP Holiday Headquarters plans to offer a complete destination for customers this season, providing everything they need to create an unlimited array of creative products -- including photo cards, festive decorations and personalized gifts:
- HP Combo Packs bundle together the essential printing supplies for families to create high-quality holiday printing projects at home. Downloadable templates available at hp.com/holiday work with HP Combo Packs to create beautifully designed and easy-to-make gifts. Select HP Combo Packs include: Original HP Ink cartridges (HP 564, 920 or 933 ink), 20 free sheets of photo paper in sizes 4x6 and 5x7-inch, and envelopes to create personalized gifts and crafts. HP Combo Packs start at $26.99.
- For a limited time, HP is offering free Holiday Gift Packs with select ink purchases. The Holiday Gift Packs include photo paper for printing cards or photo gifts as well as a swatch book of holiday printing ideas. Additional information is available at hp.com/holiday.
- Snapfish by HP is collaborating with American Greetings to offer customers new contemporary greeting card designs, marrying Snapfish's photo personalization with American Greetings' extensive lineup of social expression and content. Customers can also mail personalized greeting cards directly to friends and family this holiday season with Snapfish's new Mail for Me service. Cards start at $2, and are available in hundreds of unique designs.
- HP offers new printable content from Mattel to its web-connected printers. Children and families now can print special holiday coloring pages, crafts and calendars featuring characters and toys from Barbie and Hot Wheels without the need of a PC.(2) In addition, families can opt to have content delivered after school or whenever they choose directly to their printer through HP's Scheduled Delivery service.(3)
Stylish all-in-ones for the space savvy(1)
HP offers the gift of style and space with beautifully designed, compact printers and PCs:
- New for the holidays, the HP ENVY 120 e-All-in-One printer is a sleek, web-connected printer featuring a slim and compact design. With whisper-quiet operation and a large, adjustable touchscreen display that retracts after printing, the HP ENVY 120 maintains a streamlined appearance when not in use and blends seamlessly in any space for single apartment dwellers and large families alike. Ideal for the family on the go, the HP ENVY 120 comes equipped with HP ePrint and wireless direct for printing from virtually anywhere from a mobile device.(4,5) Available for $249.99.
- The HP ENVY 23 TouchSmart All-in-One PC is equipped with a 23-inch high-definition (HD) display, 10-point multitouch technology and a beautifully simple design, ideal for the modern and connected family. For endless entertainment for the whole family, the HP ENVY 23 offers Beats Audio and exclusive HP innovations such as the HP TrueVision HD webcam, HP Connected Photo(6) and HP Connected Music powered by Meridian,(7) as well as full-license versions of Cyberlink PowerDirector and PhotoDirector. Prices start at $999.99 at HP Home & Home Office and select retailers.
Personalized gifts for the memory maker(1)
HP brings cheer that will last far beyond the holiday season by offering a wide selection of photo gifts including new HP Mounted Photos, HP Custom Cover Photo Books with same-day pickup and HP Premium Canvas with same- or next-day pickup.
Shoppers crunched for time can create and order these new photo gifts online and pick them up at participating retailers:
- Refresh a room instantly with an HP Mounted Photo, available in 5x7-inch or 8x10-inch sizes, starting under $10 at Walmart with same day pickup. This unique offering features a silver-look edge and comes ready to hang or display on a tabletop with included stand.
- It's easy to turn photos into gallery-quality art with the new HP Premium Canvas, starting around $30. HP Premium Canvas can be created in-store or online and picked up the same day nationwide at most Walmart stores.
- HP offers a new 8x11-inch HP Custom Cover Photo Book, starting at under $25. With HP innovation, Walmart is the first retailer worldwide to offer this beautiful photo book design with same-day pickup, making it a great sentimental, last-minute gift option.
- With Snapfish FreeStyler, a new editing tool that gives users more creative control to create one-of-a-kind photo books, customers can now do more with photos and text, and select from new photo book designs. Stunning lay-flat photo books in 8x11-inch and 11x14-inch sizes also are new this holiday, and make great heartfelt gifts that friends and family can cherish for years to come. Snapfish photo books start at $5.99.
Powerful presents for the traveling techie(1)
HP has PCs to help the busy college student, globetrotter or road warrior stay entertained and productive, wherever they are.
- The HP ENVY x2 is an ultraportable and ultrathin hybrid PC weighing a sleek 3.1 pounds,(8) and offering the advantages of two devices in one. The HP ENVY x2 has a detachable screen that becomes a full tablet when separated from the keyboard via a seamless magnetic latch, transitioning from a productive workspace to entertainment powerhouse. Starting at $849.99. A video tour of the inventive HP ENVY x2 is available at HP's TheNextBench.com.
- The HP ENVY SpectreXT Touchsmart Ultrabook features an all-metal design and 15.6-inch diagonal multitouch Radiance Full HD(9) display with IPS technology, making it the ideal mobile companion for those who seek sophistication and substance. The HP SpectreXT TouchSmart Ultrabook is HP's first notebook with Intel® Thunderbolt technology(10) for blazing-fast transfer of music, movies and data to external devices. Starting at $1,399.99.
- The HP ENVY Touchsmart Ultrabook 4 delivers powerful performance in an eye-catching metal design that measures 23 mm thin and weighs 4.77 pounds.(8) The HP ENVY Touchsmart Ultrabook 4 features a 14-inch multitouch HD(9) display, a booming subwoofer with Beats Audio and optional AMD graphics with 2 GB of graphics memory. Starting at $799.99.
Stocking stuffers for the smart spender(1)
Customers can polish off their gift lists with tech that impress at great prices.
- The HP Bluetooth® Portable Speaker is ideal for mobile music lovers who enjoy crisp, clean sound from a wireless device -- and features 10 hours of battery life.(11) Available for $79.99.
- The HP Touch to Pair Mouse is the first wireless mouse with near field communication (NFC). This mouse has an impressive nine months of battery life(11) and, thanks to the highly precise laser sensor, it works on almost every surface. Available for $39.99.
- The Snapfish Animated and 3-D Backpack Tags make personal belongings stand out with fun colors and holiday templates. Starting at $3.99.
Visit TheNextBench.com for more holiday shopping tips, information on HP's newest products and a Black Friday Cheat Sheet.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
(2) Requires a wireless access point and an internet connection to the printer. Services require registration. App availability varies by country, language, and agreements, and requires a firmware upgrade. For details, www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
(3) Not all apps can be set up for scheduled delivery and not for all printer models.
(4) Requires an internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types, and other HP ePrint details is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter). Mobile devices require internet connection and email capability. May require wireless access point. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary.
(5) An app or driver may be required to use HP wireless direct, for more info go to www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. Printer must be HP ePrint-enabled. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point.
(6) Supported on Android and iOS operating systems. Snapfish by HP mobile app download and Snapfish membership required. Internet service required and not included.
(7) Availability of features varies by country. Streaming services may require a paid subscription. May not be compatible with all music files. Not compatible with DRM tracks. Internet access is required and not included.
(8) Actual weight will vary by configuration.
(9) High-definition content is required for high-definition images.
(10) Thunderbolt is new technology. Install all the latest drivers for Thunderbolt device before connecting the device to the Thunderbolt port. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether a device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see https://thunderbolttechnology.net/products.
(11) Battery life varies depending on product configuration, model, settings, loaded applications, utilized features. As with all batteries, maximum capacity decreases with time and use. Battery life times based on MobileMark 2007 battery benchmark. Reported times are with wireless functionality off.
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Bluetooth is a trademark owned by its proprietor and used by Hewlett-Packard Company under license.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2012 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 26, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,528
The Domain Name Service (DNS) is one of the most important components in networking infrastructure, enabling users and services to access applications by translating URLs (names) into IP addresses (numbers). Because every icon and URL and all embedded content on a website requires a DNS lookup loading complex sites necessitates hundreds of DNS queries. In addition, as more internet-enabled ‘Things' get connected, people will rely on DNS to name and find their fridges, toasters and toilets. According to a recent IDG Research Services Survey this rate of traffic will only grow. What's driving t...
May. 26, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,056
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sean Lorenz, Technical Product Manager for Xively at LogMeIn, demonstrated how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
May. 26, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,851
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
May. 26, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,365
The recent trends like cloud computing, social, mobile and Internet of Things are forcing enterprises to modernize in order to compete in the competitive globalized markets. However, enterprises are approaching newer technologies with a more silo-ed way, gaining only sub optimal benefits. The Modern Enterprise model is presented as a newer way to think of enterprise IT, which takes a more holistic approach to embracing modern technologies.
May. 25, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,934
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impact.
May. 25, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,765
Every day we read jaw-dropping stats on the explosion of data. We allocate significant resources to harness and better understand it. We build businesses around it. But we’ve only just begun. For big payoffs in Big Data, CIOs are turning to cognitive computing. Cognitive computing’s ability to securely extract insights, understand natural language, and get smarter each time it’s used is the next, logical step for Big Data.
May. 25, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,875
There's no doubt that the Internet of Things is driving the next wave of innovation. Google has spent billions over the past few months vacuuming up companies that specialize in smart appliances and machine learning. Already, Philips light bulbs, Audi automobiles, and Samsung washers and dryers can communicate with and be controlled from mobile devices. To take advantage of the opportunities the Internet of Things brings to your business, you'll want to start preparing now.
May. 25, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,721
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
May. 25, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,441
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect at Hookflash, will walk through the shifting landscape of traditional telephone and voice services ...
May. 25, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,222
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
May. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,149
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems at Red Hat, described how to revolutioniz...
May. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,752
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be
May. 25, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,832
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
May. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,161
Container frameworks, such as Docker, provide a variety of benefits, including density of deployment across infrastructure, convenience for application developers to push updates with low operational hand-holding, and a fairly well-defined deployment workflow that can be orchestrated. Container frameworks also enable a DevOps approach to application development by cleanly separating concerns between operations and development teams. But running multi-container, multi-server apps with containers is very hard. You have to learn five new and different technologies and best practices (libswarm, sy...
May. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,805
SYS-CON Events announced today that DragonGlass, an enterprise search platform, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. After eleven years of designing and building custom applications, OpenCrowd has launched DragonGlass, a cloud-based platform that enables the development of search-based applications. These are a new breed of applications that utilize a search index as their backbone for data retrieval. They can easily adapt to new data sets and provide access to both structured and unstruc...
May. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,752
There's Big Data, then there's really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, discussed how IoT, Big Data and deployments are processing massive data volumes from wearables, utilities and other machines...
May. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,061
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists will peel away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud environment, and we must architect and code accordingly. At the very least, you'll have no problem fil...
May. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,741
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
May. 25, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,088
The worldwide cellular network will be the backbone of the future IoT, and the telecom industry is clamoring to get on board as more than just a data pipe. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Evan McGee, CTO of Ring Plus, Inc., discussed what service operators can offer that would benefit IoT entrepreneurs, inventors, and consumers. Evan McGee is the CTO of RingPlus, a leading innovative U.S. MVNO and wireless enabler. His focus is on combining web technologies with traditional telecom to create a new breed of unified communication that is easily accessible to the general consumer. With over a de...
May. 25, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,661