|By Marketwired .||
|November 21, 2012 07:45 AM EST||
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/21/12 -- This holiday season, HP (NYSE: HPQ) offers resources to help families connect and fulfill the wishes of gift givers everywhere with a selection of printers, PCs, and customized printing projects and publishing options.
Create connections for the happiest of holidays(1)
HP offers holiday-themed tools and resources to help families connect with loved ones, prepare for the holidays and get the most out of their time together.
Beginning Nov. 21, HP Holiday Headquarters plans to offer a complete destination for customers this season, providing everything they need to create an unlimited array of creative products -- including photo cards, festive decorations and personalized gifts:
- HP Combo Packs bundle together the essential printing supplies for families to create high-quality holiday printing projects at home. Downloadable templates available at hp.com/holiday work with HP Combo Packs to create beautifully designed and easy-to-make gifts. Select HP Combo Packs include: Original HP Ink cartridges (HP 564, 920 or 933 ink), 20 free sheets of photo paper in sizes 4x6 and 5x7-inch, and envelopes to create personalized gifts and crafts. HP Combo Packs start at $26.99.
- For a limited time, HP is offering free Holiday Gift Packs with select ink purchases. The Holiday Gift Packs include photo paper for printing cards or photo gifts as well as a swatch book of holiday printing ideas. Additional information is available at hp.com/holiday.
- Snapfish by HP is collaborating with American Greetings to offer customers new contemporary greeting card designs, marrying Snapfish's photo personalization with American Greetings' extensive lineup of social expression and content. Customers can also mail personalized greeting cards directly to friends and family this holiday season with Snapfish's new Mail for Me service. Cards start at $2, and are available in hundreds of unique designs.
- HP offers new printable content from Mattel to its web-connected printers. Children and families now can print special holiday coloring pages, crafts and calendars featuring characters and toys from Barbie and Hot Wheels without the need of a PC.(2) In addition, families can opt to have content delivered after school or whenever they choose directly to their printer through HP's Scheduled Delivery service.(3)
Stylish all-in-ones for the space savvy(1)
HP offers the gift of style and space with beautifully designed, compact printers and PCs:
- New for the holidays, the HP ENVY 120 e-All-in-One printer is a sleek, web-connected printer featuring a slim and compact design. With whisper-quiet operation and a large, adjustable touchscreen display that retracts after printing, the HP ENVY 120 maintains a streamlined appearance when not in use and blends seamlessly in any space for single apartment dwellers and large families alike. Ideal for the family on the go, the HP ENVY 120 comes equipped with HP ePrint and wireless direct for printing from virtually anywhere from a mobile device.(4,5) Available for $249.99.
- The HP ENVY 23 TouchSmart All-in-One PC is equipped with a 23-inch high-definition (HD) display, 10-point multitouch technology and a beautifully simple design, ideal for the modern and connected family. For endless entertainment for the whole family, the HP ENVY 23 offers Beats Audio and exclusive HP innovations such as the HP TrueVision HD webcam, HP Connected Photo(6) and HP Connected Music powered by Meridian,(7) as well as full-license versions of Cyberlink PowerDirector and PhotoDirector. Prices start at $999.99 at HP Home & Home Office and select retailers.
Personalized gifts for the memory maker(1)
HP brings cheer that will last far beyond the holiday season by offering a wide selection of photo gifts including new HP Mounted Photos, HP Custom Cover Photo Books with same-day pickup and HP Premium Canvas with same- or next-day pickup.
Shoppers crunched for time can create and order these new photo gifts online and pick them up at participating retailers:
- Refresh a room instantly with an HP Mounted Photo, available in 5x7-inch or 8x10-inch sizes, starting under $10 at Walmart with same day pickup. This unique offering features a silver-look edge and comes ready to hang or display on a tabletop with included stand.
- It's easy to turn photos into gallery-quality art with the new HP Premium Canvas, starting around $30. HP Premium Canvas can be created in-store or online and picked up the same day nationwide at most Walmart stores.
- HP offers a new 8x11-inch HP Custom Cover Photo Book, starting at under $25. With HP innovation, Walmart is the first retailer worldwide to offer this beautiful photo book design with same-day pickup, making it a great sentimental, last-minute gift option.
- With Snapfish FreeStyler, a new editing tool that gives users more creative control to create one-of-a-kind photo books, customers can now do more with photos and text, and select from new photo book designs. Stunning lay-flat photo books in 8x11-inch and 11x14-inch sizes also are new this holiday, and make great heartfelt gifts that friends and family can cherish for years to come. Snapfish photo books start at $5.99.
Powerful presents for the traveling techie(1)
HP has PCs to help the busy college student, globetrotter or road warrior stay entertained and productive, wherever they are.
- The HP ENVY x2 is an ultraportable and ultrathin hybrid PC weighing a sleek 3.1 pounds,(8) and offering the advantages of two devices in one. The HP ENVY x2 has a detachable screen that becomes a full tablet when separated from the keyboard via a seamless magnetic latch, transitioning from a productive workspace to entertainment powerhouse. Starting at $849.99. A video tour of the inventive HP ENVY x2 is available at HP's TheNextBench.com.
- The HP ENVY SpectreXT Touchsmart Ultrabook features an all-metal design and 15.6-inch diagonal multitouch Radiance Full HD(9) display with IPS technology, making it the ideal mobile companion for those who seek sophistication and substance. The HP SpectreXT TouchSmart Ultrabook is HP's first notebook with Intel® Thunderbolt technology(10) for blazing-fast transfer of music, movies and data to external devices. Starting at $1,399.99.
- The HP ENVY Touchsmart Ultrabook 4 delivers powerful performance in an eye-catching metal design that measures 23 mm thin and weighs 4.77 pounds.(8) The HP ENVY Touchsmart Ultrabook 4 features a 14-inch multitouch HD(9) display, a booming subwoofer with Beats Audio and optional AMD graphics with 2 GB of graphics memory. Starting at $799.99.
Stocking stuffers for the smart spender(1)
Customers can polish off their gift lists with tech that impress at great prices.
- The HP Bluetooth® Portable Speaker is ideal for mobile music lovers who enjoy crisp, clean sound from a wireless device -- and features 10 hours of battery life.(11) Available for $79.99.
- The HP Touch to Pair Mouse is the first wireless mouse with near field communication (NFC). This mouse has an impressive nine months of battery life(11) and, thanks to the highly precise laser sensor, it works on almost every surface. Available for $39.99.
- The Snapfish Animated and 3-D Backpack Tags make personal belongings stand out with fun colors and holiday templates. Starting at $3.99.
Visit TheNextBench.com for more holiday shopping tips, information on HP's newest products and a Black Friday Cheat Sheet.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
(2) Requires a wireless access point and an internet connection to the printer. Services require registration. App availability varies by country, language, and agreements, and requires a firmware upgrade. For details, www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
(3) Not all apps can be set up for scheduled delivery and not for all printer models.
(4) Requires an internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types, and other HP ePrint details is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter). Mobile devices require internet connection and email capability. May require wireless access point. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary.
(5) An app or driver may be required to use HP wireless direct, for more info go to www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. Printer must be HP ePrint-enabled. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point.
(6) Supported on Android and iOS operating systems. Snapfish by HP mobile app download and Snapfish membership required. Internet service required and not included.
(7) Availability of features varies by country. Streaming services may require a paid subscription. May not be compatible with all music files. Not compatible with DRM tracks. Internet access is required and not included.
(8) Actual weight will vary by configuration.
(9) High-definition content is required for high-definition images.
(10) Thunderbolt is new technology. Install all the latest drivers for Thunderbolt device before connecting the device to the Thunderbolt port. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether a device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see https://thunderbolttechnology.net/products.
(11) Battery life varies depending on product configuration, model, settings, loaded applications, utilized features. As with all batteries, maximum capacity decreases with time and use. Battery life times based on MobileMark 2007 battery benchmark. Reported times are with wireless functionality off.
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Bluetooth is a trademark owned by its proprietor and used by Hewlett-Packard Company under license.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2012 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Oct. 23, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,470
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,469
SYS-CON Events announced today that Coalfire will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Coalfire is the trusted leader in cybersecurity risk management and compliance services. Coalfire integrates advisory and technical assessments and recommendations to the corporate directors, executives, boards, and IT organizations for global brands and organizations in the technology, cloud, health...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,511
A completely new computing platform is on the horizon. They’re called Microservers by some, ARM Servers by others, and sometimes even ARM-based Servers. No matter what you call them, Microservers will have a huge impact on the data center and on server computing in general. Although few people are familiar with Microservers today, their impact will be felt very soon. This is a new category of computing platform that is available today and is predicted to have triple-digit growth rates for some ...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 34,022
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 23, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,315
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Oct. 23, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,439
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Oct. 23, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,780
SYS-CON Events announced today that MathFreeOn will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MathFreeOn is Software as a Service (SaaS) used in Engineering and Math education. Write scripts and solve math problems online. MathFreeOn provides online courses for beginners or amateurs who have difficulties in writing scripts. In accordance with various mathematical topics, there are more tha...
Oct. 23, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 972
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 23, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,514
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 23, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 8,354
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 23, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 11,328
In the next forty months – just over three years – businesses will undergo extraordinary changes. The exponential growth of digitization and machine learning will see a step function change in how businesses create value, satisfy customers, and outperform their competition. In the next forty months companies will take the actions that will see them get to the next level of the game called Capitalism. Or they won’t – game over. The winners of today and tomorrow think differently, follow different...
Oct. 23, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 942
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 23, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,464
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 801
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,030
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,510
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 23, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,828
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Oct. 23, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,344
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to impr...
Oct. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,691
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 23, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,112