|By Marketwired .||
|November 21, 2012 07:45 AM EST||
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/21/12 -- This holiday season, HP (NYSE: HPQ) offers resources to help families connect and fulfill the wishes of gift givers everywhere with a selection of printers, PCs, and customized printing projects and publishing options.
Create connections for the happiest of holidays(1)
HP offers holiday-themed tools and resources to help families connect with loved ones, prepare for the holidays and get the most out of their time together.
Beginning Nov. 21, HP Holiday Headquarters plans to offer a complete destination for customers this season, providing everything they need to create an unlimited array of creative products -- including photo cards, festive decorations and personalized gifts:
- HP Combo Packs bundle together the essential printing supplies for families to create high-quality holiday printing projects at home. Downloadable templates available at hp.com/holiday work with HP Combo Packs to create beautifully designed and easy-to-make gifts. Select HP Combo Packs include: Original HP Ink cartridges (HP 564, 920 or 933 ink), 20 free sheets of photo paper in sizes 4x6 and 5x7-inch, and envelopes to create personalized gifts and crafts. HP Combo Packs start at $26.99.
- For a limited time, HP is offering free Holiday Gift Packs with select ink purchases. The Holiday Gift Packs include photo paper for printing cards or photo gifts as well as a swatch book of holiday printing ideas. Additional information is available at hp.com/holiday.
- Snapfish by HP is collaborating with American Greetings to offer customers new contemporary greeting card designs, marrying Snapfish's photo personalization with American Greetings' extensive lineup of social expression and content. Customers can also mail personalized greeting cards directly to friends and family this holiday season with Snapfish's new Mail for Me service. Cards start at $2, and are available in hundreds of unique designs.
- HP offers new printable content from Mattel to its web-connected printers. Children and families now can print special holiday coloring pages, crafts and calendars featuring characters and toys from Barbie and Hot Wheels without the need of a PC.(2) In addition, families can opt to have content delivered after school or whenever they choose directly to their printer through HP's Scheduled Delivery service.(3)
Stylish all-in-ones for the space savvy(1)
HP offers the gift of style and space with beautifully designed, compact printers and PCs:
- New for the holidays, the HP ENVY 120 e-All-in-One printer is a sleek, web-connected printer featuring a slim and compact design. With whisper-quiet operation and a large, adjustable touchscreen display that retracts after printing, the HP ENVY 120 maintains a streamlined appearance when not in use and blends seamlessly in any space for single apartment dwellers and large families alike. Ideal for the family on the go, the HP ENVY 120 comes equipped with HP ePrint and wireless direct for printing from virtually anywhere from a mobile device.(4,5) Available for $249.99.
- The HP ENVY 23 TouchSmart All-in-One PC is equipped with a 23-inch high-definition (HD) display, 10-point multitouch technology and a beautifully simple design, ideal for the modern and connected family. For endless entertainment for the whole family, the HP ENVY 23 offers Beats Audio and exclusive HP innovations such as the HP TrueVision HD webcam, HP Connected Photo(6) and HP Connected Music powered by Meridian,(7) as well as full-license versions of Cyberlink PowerDirector and PhotoDirector. Prices start at $999.99 at HP Home & Home Office and select retailers.
Personalized gifts for the memory maker(1)
HP brings cheer that will last far beyond the holiday season by offering a wide selection of photo gifts including new HP Mounted Photos, HP Custom Cover Photo Books with same-day pickup and HP Premium Canvas with same- or next-day pickup.
Shoppers crunched for time can create and order these new photo gifts online and pick them up at participating retailers:
- Refresh a room instantly with an HP Mounted Photo, available in 5x7-inch or 8x10-inch sizes, starting under $10 at Walmart with same day pickup. This unique offering features a silver-look edge and comes ready to hang or display on a tabletop with included stand.
- It's easy to turn photos into gallery-quality art with the new HP Premium Canvas, starting around $30. HP Premium Canvas can be created in-store or online and picked up the same day nationwide at most Walmart stores.
- HP offers a new 8x11-inch HP Custom Cover Photo Book, starting at under $25. With HP innovation, Walmart is the first retailer worldwide to offer this beautiful photo book design with same-day pickup, making it a great sentimental, last-minute gift option.
- With Snapfish FreeStyler, a new editing tool that gives users more creative control to create one-of-a-kind photo books, customers can now do more with photos and text, and select from new photo book designs. Stunning lay-flat photo books in 8x11-inch and 11x14-inch sizes also are new this holiday, and make great heartfelt gifts that friends and family can cherish for years to come. Snapfish photo books start at $5.99.
Powerful presents for the traveling techie(1)
HP has PCs to help the busy college student, globetrotter or road warrior stay entertained and productive, wherever they are.
- The HP ENVY x2 is an ultraportable and ultrathin hybrid PC weighing a sleek 3.1 pounds,(8) and offering the advantages of two devices in one. The HP ENVY x2 has a detachable screen that becomes a full tablet when separated from the keyboard via a seamless magnetic latch, transitioning from a productive workspace to entertainment powerhouse. Starting at $849.99. A video tour of the inventive HP ENVY x2 is available at HP's TheNextBench.com.
- The HP ENVY SpectreXT Touchsmart Ultrabook features an all-metal design and 15.6-inch diagonal multitouch Radiance Full HD(9) display with IPS technology, making it the ideal mobile companion for those who seek sophistication and substance. The HP SpectreXT TouchSmart Ultrabook is HP's first notebook with Intel® Thunderbolt technology(10) for blazing-fast transfer of music, movies and data to external devices. Starting at $1,399.99.
- The HP ENVY Touchsmart Ultrabook 4 delivers powerful performance in an eye-catching metal design that measures 23 mm thin and weighs 4.77 pounds.(8) The HP ENVY Touchsmart Ultrabook 4 features a 14-inch multitouch HD(9) display, a booming subwoofer with Beats Audio and optional AMD graphics with 2 GB of graphics memory. Starting at $799.99.
Stocking stuffers for the smart spender(1)
Customers can polish off their gift lists with tech that impress at great prices.
- The HP Bluetooth® Portable Speaker is ideal for mobile music lovers who enjoy crisp, clean sound from a wireless device -- and features 10 hours of battery life.(11) Available for $79.99.
- The HP Touch to Pair Mouse is the first wireless mouse with near field communication (NFC). This mouse has an impressive nine months of battery life(11) and, thanks to the highly precise laser sensor, it works on almost every surface. Available for $39.99.
- The Snapfish Animated and 3-D Backpack Tags make personal belongings stand out with fun colors and holiday templates. Starting at $3.99.
Visit TheNextBench.com for more holiday shopping tips, information on HP's newest products and a Black Friday Cheat Sheet.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
(2) Requires a wireless access point and an internet connection to the printer. Services require registration. App availability varies by country, language, and agreements, and requires a firmware upgrade. For details, www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
(3) Not all apps can be set up for scheduled delivery and not for all printer models.
(4) Requires an internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types, and other HP ePrint details is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter). Mobile devices require internet connection and email capability. May require wireless access point. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary.
(5) An app or driver may be required to use HP wireless direct, for more info go to www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. Printer must be HP ePrint-enabled. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point.
(6) Supported on Android and iOS operating systems. Snapfish by HP mobile app download and Snapfish membership required. Internet service required and not included.
(7) Availability of features varies by country. Streaming services may require a paid subscription. May not be compatible with all music files. Not compatible with DRM tracks. Internet access is required and not included.
(8) Actual weight will vary by configuration.
(9) High-definition content is required for high-definition images.
(10) Thunderbolt is new technology. Install all the latest drivers for Thunderbolt device before connecting the device to the Thunderbolt port. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether a device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see https://thunderbolttechnology.net/products.
(11) Battery life varies depending on product configuration, model, settings, loaded applications, utilized features. As with all batteries, maximum capacity decreases with time and use. Battery life times based on MobileMark 2007 battery benchmark. Reported times are with wireless functionality off.
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Bluetooth is a trademark owned by its proprietor and used by Hewlett-Packard Company under license.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2012 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Sep. 2, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 684
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Sep. 1, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 393
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Sep. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 444
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so they don't have to be replaced and are instantly converted to become smart, connected devices.
Sep. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 169
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EDT
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and analyzed? As an area of investment, how might a retail company move towards an innovation methodolo...
Sep. 1, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 480
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 1, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 918
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Treloar, President and COO of Bebaio, will explore examples of brands transforming their businesses by t...
Sep. 1, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 251
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevOps to advance innovation and increase agility. Specializing in designing, imple...
Sep. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 329
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Sep. 1, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 298
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer,...
Sep. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 244
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as soon as they are needed to take action.
Sep. 1, 2015 09:00 AM EDT
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Sep. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 170
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Sep. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 182
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts, GM of Platform at FinancialForce.com, will discuss the value of business applications on wearable ...
Sep. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Sep. 1, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 469
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the digitization of physical assets including sensors, devices, machines, gateways, and the network. It creates possibilities for significant value creation and new revenue generating business models via data democratization and ubiquitous analytics across IoT networks. The explosion of data in all forms in IoT requires a more robust and broader lens in order to enable smarter timely actions and better outcomes. Business operations become the key driver of IoT applications and projects. Business operations, IT, and data scientists need advanced analytics t...
Aug. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 430
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device access to health records while reducing operating costs and complying with government regulations.
Aug. 26, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 209
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 562
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 498