|By PR Newswire||
|November 21, 2012 03:43 AM EST||
TEL AVIV, Israel, November 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Reports a 10% increase in NOI, totaling NIS 275 million in Q3/2012
The FFO from real estate activity, totaling NIS 180 million, a 10% increase compared with third quarter 2011
Azrieli Group Ltd. (TASE: AZRG IT) reported today its results for the quarter ending September 30, 2012.
Third Quarter Financial Highlights
- NOI for the thirdquarter increased by approx. 10%, totaling NIS 275 million, compared with NIS 250 million in the same quarter in 2011.
- Increased same-property net operating income (NOI) of 6.1% over the third quarter of 2011.
- Funds from Operations (FFO) from real estate activity (relating to the Group's income-producing real estate business only) totaled NIS 180 million in Q3/2012, compared with NIS 164 million in the same quarter in 2011, a 10% increase.
- Quarter closed with an occupancy rate of 100% in all Israel segments including malls and shopping centers and offices and others, and for the assets in the USA segment at approx. 88%.
- Net profit (attributed to the shareholders) of NIS 194million in Q3/2012 compared with a net profit of NIS 179 million in the same quarter in 2011.
- Comprehensive profit(attributed to the shareholders) totaled an amount of NIS 284million in Q3/2012 compared with a comprehensive loss of NIS 36 million in the same quarter in 2011. This is mainly due to the increase in the net profit and the rise of the value of the Leumi shares in the TASE during the quarter.
1. For details see Section 1.1.6 of the Board of Directors' report as of September 30, 2012. Funds from operations (FFO) are a widely accepted supplemental measure of the performance of income-producing real estate companies and REITs.
Shlomo Sherf, Azrieli Group's CEO: "The quarterly results are good, and reflect growth in all the business parameters. We are continuing to identify investment opportunities and fulfill our long-term commitment to initiation and development in the Israeli market."
1-3 2012 financial results summary:
NIS in millions change Q3 2011 Q3 2012 10% 250 275 NOI 6.1% 244 259 Same property NOI FFO from real estate 10% 164 180 activity 8% 105 113 EPRA NAV per share
1-9 2012 financial results summary:
NIS in millions change 1-9 / 2011 1-9 / 2012 12% 724 812 NOI 3.9% 697 724 Same property NOI FFO from real estate 13% 472 535 activity Change in fair value of income producing real (80%) 463 93 estate 8% 105 113 EPRA NAV per share
Core Business Operations
Third quarter operating results for the shopping centers, offices and others, and the assets in the U.S segments:
Shopping Center Portfolio in Israel
- Total net operating income (NOI) totaled NIS 177 million, an increase of 5% over the parallel quarter of 2011;
- Same-property NOI increased by 4.3% over the parallel quarter of 2011;
- The average occupancy rate in this segment remains close to 100%; and
- The increase in these parameters during the quarter continues to show the consistent growth trend recorded in the last quarters.
Office Space and Others Portfolio in Israel
- Total net operating income (NOI) totaled NIS 71 million, an increase of 1% over the equivalent quarter in 2011;
- Same-property NOI increased by 1.4% over the parallel quarter of 2011;
- The average occupancy rate in this segment remains close to 100%; and
- The increase in these parameters during the quarter continues to show the consistent growth trend recorded in the last quarters.
Income-Producing Real Estate Portfolio in the U.S.A.
- Total net operating income (NOI) totaled NIS 27 million, an increase of NIS 15 million over the parallel quarter of 2011;
- Same-property NOI increased by 58.3% over the parallel quarter of 2011;
- The average occupancy rate in this segment was approx. 88%; and
- The NOI increase is attributed to the increase in the NOI in the Galleria Towers and to the acquisition of Plaza property in Houston, Texas.
Acquisitions, Development and Redevelopment Activities
- During the quarter, the Group's investments in income producing real estate totaled NIS 52 million. The investments were made in relation to new acquisitions, enhancement of existing properties, and investments towards properties under development.
- Since the beginning of the 2012 calendar year, the Group's investments in income-producing real estate totaled NIS 612 million.
- The estimated cost-to-completion of the projects under development as of 30.09.2012 stands at NIS 2.1-2.3 billion.
- Azrieli Center Sarona, Tel Aviv - construction permit received and excavation and shoring work were commenced at the site.
- Azrieli Rishonim mall - the Company opened the temporary parking lot on the site, and chose a constructor for excavation.
- In October 2012, the group completed the acquisition of its partner's share (50%) in the Petah-Tikva Science and Technology Project, for NIS 49 million. The cost represents a yield of approx. 11.5% allowing the projected NOI in 2012.
- Purchase of land at 146 Menachem Begin Road, Tel Aviv (Northern Central Business District) from Clalit Health Services - in November 2012, the Company purchased land on an area of 10,000 sqm, designated for the construction of a project of 75,000 sqm (48,000 sqm of offices, 10,000 sqm retail space and 17,000 sqm residential) and 1,500 parking spaces, in consideration for NIS 240 million.
After the date of the report, the Company paid the first installment (20%) for the land in the sum of NIS 48 million. Another 25% will be paid on June 15, 2013 and the balance on the handing over date.
The handing over of the lot is scheduled for no later than December 31, 2014. However, the seller may postpone the handing over date by one year, against a predetermined payment. The construction costs (initial estimate) are expected to amount to NIS 700 million.
Balance Sheet (extended standalone) as of 30 September 2012
- The Group's cash and cash equivalents totaled NIS 563 million.
- The Group also has financial investments available for sale in Bank Leumi and Leumi Card, with a fair value of approx. NIS 1.26 billion.
- The net debt totaled NIS 4.1 billion.
- The value of the Company's income-producing properties totaled some NIS 14.5 billion, compared with approx. NIS 13.4 billion on 30.09.2011.
- The value of the Company's assets under development totaled some NIS 1 billion, compared with approx. NIS 870 million on 30.09.2011.
- Shareholders' equity totaled to approx. NIS 11.4 billion compared with NIS 11.2 billion on 30.09.2011, the increase is attributed to the profit during the period, furthermore to the dividend paid in April 2012 (NIS 240 million).
- Equity per share totaled to approx. NIS 94 compared with approx. NIS 92.6 on 30.09.2011.
- The equity to balance sheet ratio is approx. 61.3%.
- The Company owns unpledged assets worth NIS 9.8 billion.
- EPRA NAV per share totaled NIS 113, compared with NIS 105 as of 30.09.2011 - Approx. 8% increase.
Granite HaCarmel (100% holding) - Net profit of NIS 38 million in Q3/2012, compared with a net profit of NIS 13 million in Q3/2011 (attributed to the shareholders).
In September 2012, a full tender offer for Granite's publicly-held shares was accepted. As of the Report Release date, Granite is a private company.
Bank Leumi (approx. 4.8% holding) - In Q3/2012, the share value on TASE increased by 17%, a NIS 110 million increase in the Group's holding value in the Bank. Net of tax, the increase was NIS 91 million.
From the end of the quarter until the date of release of the report, the share value increased by 15% representing an increase of NIS 101 million in the Group's holding (net of tax).
Leumi Card (20% holding) - The holding book value as of 30.09.2012 stood at NIS 483 million.
The Company remains committed to its core business objectives:
- Increasing shareholder value through the ownership, management, and selective acquisition of malls, shopping centers and office space - mainly in Israel;
- Continued examination of business opportunities in Israel and overseas, in connection with the expansion of its business, mainly in the real estate sector, including the acquisition of land reserves, the purchase of additional properties and the improvement of existing properties.
- Maintaining a high occupancy rate and accelerated promotion through marketing of the leasable space in the properties under development and construction.
- Maintaining financial strength despite acquisitions and massive development projects.
The Company will hold its quarterly conference call, hosted by the Company's senior management on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 16:00 Israel local time (15:00 CET; 14:00 United Kingdom time and 09:00AM New York time). The call will include a review of the Company's Q3/2012 performance, as well as a discussion of the Company's strategy and expectations for the future.
A Question & Answer session will follow the discussion.
To participate, please dial 03-9180664 from Israel, 1-888-281-1167 from the US, 0-800-917-9141 from the UK, 0-800-022-9568 from the Netherlands 1-866-485-2399 from Canada and +972-3-9180664 internationally.
A replay will be available for 2 days by dialing 03-9255925 from Israel, 1-888-295-2634 from the US and Canada 0-800-028-6837 from the UK, 0-800-023-4246 from the Netherlands and +972-3-9255925 internationally.
Access to the presentation will be available through the Company's website at http://www.azrieli.com under "Investor Relations → Presentations."
About Azrieli Group
Azrieli Group Ltd. owns and operates one of Israel's largest portfolios of malls, shopping centers and office properties nationwide. The Company is publicly traded on TASE under the symbol AZRG IT and is included in the TA-25 and TA-real-estate 15 indices. It is the only Israeli stock included in the EPRA Index. As of September 30, 2012, the Company has an equity market capitalization of about $2.5 billion. The Company operates mainly in Israel, and owns and manages properties with a gross leasable area of approx. 718,000 square meters; the Company has interests in 13 shopping centers comprising 256,000 square meters of leasable space across Israel, 8 office properties comprising 282,000 square meters of leasable space across Israel, and 5 properties overseas (mainly in Houston, Texas) comprising 179,000 square meters of leasable space. In addition, the Company has 6 projects under development comprising 325,000 square meters of leasable space in Israel. 90% of the fair value of investment properties and properties under development relates to domestic properties (in Israel). The Group has been specializing in shopping center and office space development, acquisitions, and management for the past 30 years. For further information, please visit the Company's website at http://www.azrieli.com.
Accounting and Other Disclaimers
The Company believes that publication of the FFO, which is calculated according to EPRA best-practice recommendations, better reflects the operating results of the Company, since the Company's financial statements are prepared in conformity with IFRS. In addition, publication of the FFO provides a better basis for a comparison of the Company's operating results between different reporting periods and strengthens the uniformity and the comparability of this financial measure to that published by European real estate companies.
As clarified in the EPRA and NAREIT position papers, the FFO measures do not represent cash flows from current operations according to accepted accounting principles, nor do they reflect the cash held by a company or its ability to distribute that cash, and they are not a substitute for the reported net income (loss). Furthermore, it is also clarified that these measures are not part of the data audited by the Company's independent auditors.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release may contain forward-looking statements relating to Azrieli Group's operations and the environment in which it operates that are based on Azrieli Group's expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections. These statements may be identified by their use of forward-looking terminology such as "believes", "expects", "may", "should", "would", "will", "intends", "plans", "estimates", "anticipates" and similar words. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties that are impossible to control or predict. Actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in these forward-looking statements. We refer you to our latest annual report and current interim financial statements, both of which are available on Azrieli Group's website, for a discussion of the risks and uncertainties associated with forward-looking statements. Therefore you should not place undue reliance on any such forward-looking statements. Further, these forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which such statements are made except as required by laws and regulations. Azrieli Group undertakes no obligation to publicly update any such statement or to reflect new information or the occurrence of future events or circumstances.
The Company refers you to the documents filed by the Company from time to time with the Israel Securities Authority, specifically the section titled "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report for the year ended December 31, 2011, as may be updated or supplemented in the Company's immediate filings, which discuss these and other factors that could adversely affect the Company's results.
Please note that this document should not be regarded as a substitute for reading the original Hebrew version of the Company's reports in full. The financial data in this document relates to the solo extended report (unaudited) unless otherwise stated. The full and legal version of the Company's reports, in Hebrew, were released by the Company on November 21st, 2012 and may be reviewed on the Israeli MAGNA website at http://www.magna.isa.gov.il
For Additional Information
Full copies of the Company's financial statements are available on the Azrieli Group's website at http://www.azrieli.com, in the IR (Investor Relations) section. To be included in the Company's e-mail distributions, and to receive press releases, news and other Company notices, please send e-mail addresses to Mr. Moran Goder, Head of Investor Relations, at [email protected], Tel: +972-3-6081310.
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BMC delivers software solutions that help IT transform digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive business advantage. BMC has worked with thousands of leading companies to create and deliver powerful IT management services. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, BMC pairs high-speed digital innovation with robust IT industrialization – allowing customers to provide amazing user experiences with optimized IT per...
May. 27, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 822
The world is at a tipping point where the technology, the device and global adoption are converging to such a point that we will see an explosion of a world where smartphone devices not only allow us to talk to each other, but allow for communication between everything – serving as a central hub from which we control our world – MediaTek is at the heart of both driving this and allowing the markets to drive this reality forward themselves. The next wave of consumer gadgets is here – smart, connected, and small. If your ambitions are big, so are ours. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jack Hu, D...
May. 27, 2015 12:49 PM EDT Reads: 502
SYS-CON Events announced today that DragonGlass, an enterprise search platform, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. After eleven years of designing and building custom applications, OpenCrowd has launched DragonGlass, a cloud-based platform that enables the development of search-based applications. These are a new breed of applications that utilize a search index as their backbone for data retrieval. They can easily adapt to new data sets and provide access to both structured and unstruc...
May. 27, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,338
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
May. 27, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,049
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 27, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,374
We’re entering a new era of computing technology that many are calling the Internet of Things (IoT). Machine to machine, machine to infrastructure, machine to environment, the Internet of Everything, the Internet of Intelligent Things, intelligent systems – call it what you want, but it’s happening, and its potential is huge. IoT is comprised of smart machines interacting and communicating with other machines, objects, environments and infrastructures. As a result, huge volumes of data are being generated, and that data is being processed into useful actions that can “command and control” thi...
May. 27, 2015 11:51 AM EDT Reads: 546
As the Internet of Things unfolds, mobile and wearable devices are blurring the line between physical and digital, integrating ever more closely with our interests, our routines, our daily lives. Contextual computing and smart, sensor-equipped spaces bring the potential to walk through a world that recognizes us and responds accordingly. We become continuous transmitters and receivers of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation for HP's Printing and Personal Systems Group, discussed how key attributes of mobile technology – touch input, sensors, social, and ...
May. 27, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,328
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be
May. 27, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,802
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will addresses this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
May. 27, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,347
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
May. 27, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,487
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists will peel away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud environment, and we must architect and code accordingly. At the very least, you'll have no problem fil...
May. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,260
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 27, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,640
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
May. 27, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 7,140
In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect at GE, and Ibrahim Gokcen, who leads GE's advanced IoT analytics, focused on the Internet of Things / Industrial Internet and how to make it operational for business end-users. Learn about the challenges posed by machine and sensor data and how to marry it with enterprise data. They also discussed the tips and tricks to provide the Industrial Internet as an end-user consumable service using Big Data Analytics and Industrial Cloud.
May. 27, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,739
Building low-cost wearable devices can enhance the quality of our lives. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Sai Yamanoor, Embedded Software Engineer at Altschool, provided an example of putting together a small keychain within a $50 budget that educates the user about the air quality in their surroundings. He also provided examples such as building a wearable device that provides transit or recreational information. He then reviewed the resources available to build wearable devices at home including open source hardware, the raw materials required and the options available to power s...
May. 27, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,347
How do APIs and IoT relate? The answer is not as simple as merely adding an API on top of a dumb device, but rather about understanding the architectural patterns for implementing an IoT fabric. There are typically two or three trends: Exposing the device to a management framework Exposing that management framework to a business centric logic Exposing that business layer and data to end users. This last trend is the IoT stack, which involves a new shift in the separation of what stuff happens, where data lives and where the interface lies. For instance, it's a mix of architectural styles ...
May. 27, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,021
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
May. 27, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,688
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective storage designed to handle the massive surge in back-end data in a world where timely analytics is e...
May. 27, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,440
Collecting data in the field and configuring multitudes of unique devices is a time-consuming, labor-intensive process that can stretch IT resources. Horan & Bird [H&B], Australia’s fifth-largest Solar Panel Installer, wanted to automate sensor data collection and monitoring from its solar panels and integrate the data with its business and marketing systems. After data was collected and structured, two major areas needed to be addressed: improving developer workflows and extending access to a business application to multiple users (multi-tenancy). Docker, a container technology, was used to ...
May. 27, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,647
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impact.
May. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,292