|By JCN Newswire||
|November 16, 2012 01:32 AM EST||
Madam Sengdao Bouphakonekham, General Managing Director of PSVB, said "Our partnership with JCBI is the culmination of business discussions and market studies by both parties for the past year. We are very proud to be the first direct member of JCBI in Lao PDR. PSVB will also be the first and only bank in Lao PDR to issue JCB Cards at the time we start issuing in the next year. We believe that the JCB Brand has a unique flavor which caters for specific niche market segments in Lao PDR. And we aim to be a bank of choice for customers in this region."
Mr. Kimihisa Imada, Deputy President of JCBI, said "We are very pleased to be able to strengthen our business in Lao PDR through the partnership with Phongsavan Bank Limited", while emphasizing the importance of Lao market where increasing numbers of people are coming from countries where JCB has a solid cardmember base such as China, Korea, and Thailand. Imada also vigorously expressed JCB's target as "Becoming the top card brand in Laos in the next three years" by pursuing a unique position as a Japanese company.
Through this agreement, PSVB will start enabling its merchants to accept JCB cards around July 2013 as well as acquiring new merchants where JCB cardmembers likelyvisit, thus contributing to a much more comfortable payment environment for JCB cardmembers visiting Laos.
Both PSVB and JCB are scheduled to issue the first JCB credit card in Lao PDR by the end of 2013. The card product will heavily focus on "Japanese uniqueness", as Laotian interest in Japanese culture has been increasing in recent years. JCBI is also planning a wide variety of merchant promotions and other privileges for JCB cardmembers in Laos as well as customizing its existing promotions in Thailand specifically for Laotians, as Thailand ranks by far number one in Laotian international destinations.
Phongsavanh Bank (PSVB) is the first privately owned bank in the Lao PDR. It commenced operations in 2007 and currently has 21 branches and service centers throughout the country. PSVB aims to be the best local Bank in the Lao PDR with an extensive network and to provide world class banking services to individuals, corporate and government agencies. PSVB recognizes the need to invest in the most advanced technologies as well as human resources in order to build a strong foundation. For more information, visit www.phongsavanhbank.com .
JCB is a major global payment brand and a leading credit card issuer and acquirer in Japan. JCB launched its card business in Japan in 1961 and began expanding worldwide in 1981. Its acceptance network includes over 22 million merchants and over a million cash advance locations in 190 countries and territories. JCB cards are now issued in 16 countries and territories, with more than 77 million cardmembers. As part of its international growth strategy, JCB has formed alliances with more than 350 leading banks and financial institutions globally to increase merchant coverage and cardmember base. As a comprehensive payment solution provider, JCB commits to provide responsive and high-quality service and products to all customers worldwide. For more information, visit: www.jcbcorporate.com/english .
Note: JCB statistics included in About JCB are as of the end of March 2012.
JCB International Co., Ltd. Ayako Tanaka, Masayasu Okada Corporate Planning Department Tel:+81-3-5778-8390 [email protected] [email protected] Phongsavanh Bank Limited Tel: +856-21-711522, 711533, 215666 [email protected] www.phongsavanhbank.com
Copyright 2012 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#