|By Business Wire||
|November 12, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
Kronos Incorporated today announced financial results, company advancements, and customer successes for Fiscal 2012 which closed Sept. 30. Kronos revenues for the fiscal year increased 9 percent to $870 million. Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) increased to $266 million.1
“We are thrilled with our company’s financial performance. We are growing across all strategic aspects of our business – in the cloud, through product innovation, in the small and midsize business market, in the enterprise market, across our targeted vertical industries, and globally,” said Aron Ain, Kronos chief executive officer. “As we celebrate 35 years of innovation, we reflect upon our accomplishments – and, more importantly – look ahead toward a continued aggressive growth trajectory. As the pace-setter and game-changer in the workforce management market, we will continue to deliver exceptional value to customers around the globe.”
Fourth Quarter News Facts
- In the last quarter of Fiscal 2012, Kronos signed agreements with organizations around the world such as: CBS Interactive China, the largest vertical media group in China; Celadon Group, Inc., one of North America’s leading transportation companies; City of Tulsa, the second-largest city in the state of Oklahoma; Clemson University, a major land-grant, science- and engineering-oriented research university that maintains a strong commitment to teaching and student success; ESCO Corporation, a leading independent designer, manufacturer, and provider of highly engineered wear parts and replacement products used in mining, infrastructure development, power generation, aerospace and industrial applications; Gate Gourmet, the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for airlines and railroads; Jerry’s Enterprises, Inc., an operator of Jerry’s Foods, County Market, Cub Foods, and Save-a-Lot grocery stores; RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc., operator of a chain of convenience stores across the Southern U.S.; Rail Corporation New South Wales (RailCorp), Australian-provider of metropolitan passenger rail services; Renault-Nissan Automotive India, the India subsidiary of Renault-Nissan; Supermercados Peruanos, the second-largest supermarket and hypermarket chain in Peru; Takshasila Healthcare, a joint venture between Kirloskar, Secom, and Toyota Tsusho of Japan; The Medical University of South Carolina, the oldest medical school in the Southern U.S.; The Pentagon Force Protection Agency, a civilian defense agency within the U.S. Department of Defense; The YMCA of Greater Charlotte, a United Way member agency comprised of 19 branches and 2 resident camps; University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH), one of the largest NHS Trusts in the U.K. that provides first-class acute and specialist services in seven hospitals in London; York Region Police, one of the largest law enforcement organizations in the Greater Toronto area serving 1.1 million residents; and YRC Worldwide Ind., a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Overland Park, Kan., the holding company for a portfolio of brands including YRC Freight, YRC Reimer, Holland, Reddaway, and New Penn.
Fiscal 2012 News Facts
Growth in the Cloud
- More than 6,000 organizations are now successfully deployed in the Kronos Cloud. Kronos Cloud generates a fast return on investment while alleviating the need to invest in and manage additional infrastructure and staff. By choosing the Kronos Cloud, organizations free their staff to focus on other business objectives. Kronos now offers Workforce Central® in the Kronos Cloud for medium and large enterprises and Workforce Ready™ in the Kronos Cloud for small and midsize businesses.
Growth Through Product Innovation
- Workforce Central – Latest version (Workforce Central 6.3) balances rich functionality with unprecedented ease-of-use and includes innovative new features and consumer-driven enhancements to meet the needs of global customers, further improve usability, and expand functionality for absence management and scheduling.
- Kronos InTouch™ – Revolutionary time clock built for the modern workforce, Kronos InTouch delivers an unrivaled user experience; seamless integration to check accrual balances, request time off, and view schedules; a cloud-based architecture; and the first and only application platform devoted to improving productivity of the frontline workforce.
- Workforce Mobile™ – Latest version of Kronos’ award-winning mobile applications enables organizations to improve productivity by making it easier for managers and employees to complete a wide range of workforce-related tasks using a variety of mobile devices. Enhancements include MobileViews, enabling the writing of custom applications; advanced labor detail functionality; barcode scanning capabilities; simplified timecard approvals; and GPS data collection.
- Workforce Analytics™ – Enhanced labor analytics solution enables organizations to easily access and leverage their workforce data to identify, predict, and manage opportunities for cost savings and productivity gains. Vertical-specific analytics applications include real-time visibility into workforce and operational issues so concerns about labor costs and workforce needs can be addressed immediately; an intuitive, graphical management dashboard; sophisticated security features that provide personalized intelligence; and interoperability with an organization’s existing business intelligence tool.
- TeleStaff™ – Latest version of the Kronos TeleStaff public safety scheduling and notification solution includes enhancements that allow deployment on Microsoft SQL; new shift-bidding statuses enabling employees to view and monitor the status of their bids for shifts; and advanced reporting features.
- Workforce Tablet™ – Today at KronosWorks, Kronos announced availability of Workforce Tablet, a sleek, easy-to-use tablet app that delivers real-time, location-specific workforce information to frontline managers so they can more effectively manage in the moment.
- Workforce Task Management™ – Today at KronosWorks, Kronos announced availability of Workforce Task Management, a solution that simplifies store execution by providing end-users with a streamlined approach to create, approve, execute, and verify tasks. This drives productivity by streamlining communication between corporate and stores as well as increases sales and customer satisfaction by ensuring tasks are completed on time and consistently across locations.
Growth in Small and Midsize Business (SMB) Market
- SaaShr™ acquisition – By acquiring SaaShr.com, Kronos significantly broadened its product portfolio and gained access to an extensive network of partners and resellers. SaaShr offers a software-as-a-service (SaaS) workforce management suite for SMBs. Through its well-established network of payroll service bureaus, professional employer organizations, human resources outsourcers, and value-added resellers, SaaShr’s solutions are used in thousands of organizations across a wide variety of industries. Built from the ground up to operate in the cloud, SaaShr’s multi-tenant architecture delivers a consistent user experience across its suite of time and attendance, human resources, and payroll applications.
- Workforce Ready – Accelerating its cloud strategy, Kronos delivered a new suite of workforce management solutions for SMBs. Built from the ground up and designed to run in the cloud with its hosted multi-tenant architecture, Workforce Ready shares a common technology platform for time and attendance, human resources, and payroll applications; a universal employee record; and single user interface across its entire suite of applications.
Growth in Enterprise Market and Targeted Vertical Industries
- Large enterprise deployments – Kronos booked its greatest-ever number of large orders in excess of $1 million. Kronos’ vertical-specific expertise and the company’s innovative product offerings are often cited as top reasons these organizations selected Kronos. These large transactions included significant orders from new and existing customers including one of the top ten largest discount retailers; a global warehouse retailer; a leading international hotel chain; one of the largest, most comprehensive less-than-truckload networks in North America; the second-largest chicken producer in the world; a leading provider of emergency medical services in the U.S.; and one of the top 25 national public universities.
- OptiLink™ acquisition – Accelerates Kronos healthcare workforce management leadership by adding an industry-leading acuity-based staffing solution, OptiLink, to its workforce management suite. Kronos now offers the most advanced, clinically focused workforce management suite to help healthcare organizations deliver high-quality patient care.
- SMART™ acquisition – Supporting its aggressive international growth strategy and strengthening its presence in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region, Kronos acquired U.K.-based SMART Computer Holdings and its Spanish affiliate SMART Human Logistics. As a result, Kronos now offers the leading workforce management solution for National Health Service (NHS) organizations in the U.K., and established a physical presence in Spain.
- Reseller agreements – Kronos extended its reach in the Middle East through reseller agreements with Health Matrix Corporation and OCSHI, providers of technology solutions to the healthcare sector, delivering an enhanced distribution network in the region, as well as local knowledge and support for new healthcare customer deployments. In addition, Kronos extended its reach in the India market through a strategic alliance with Qimpro, leveraging the company’s leadership in consulting to drive workforce transformation in India.
- Support for Multinationals – With deployments in more than 100 countries, Kronos is proficient at supporting large multinational organizations. Kronos accommodates a vast array of region-specific pay rules, bringing ease to the highly complex task of paying employees around the world. Multinationals are increasingly choosing Kronos for its global expertise and global product capabilities.
- 35 Years of Innovation – In October, Kronos celebrated 35 years of innovation. Since its founding in 1977, the company has grown to be the global leader in the workforce management software market.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and Workforce Central are registered trademarks and Workforce Ready, InTouch, Workforce Mobile, Workforce Analytics, TeleStaff, Workforce Tablet, Workforce Task Management, SaaShr, OptiLink, and SMART are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Footnote: This press release contains non-GAAP financial measures. Kronos believes that non-GAAP measures of financial results provide useful information regarding certain financial and business trends relating to Kronos’ results of operations. Non-GAAP revenue consists of GAAP revenue excluding the effect of: (1) the write-down of deferred revenue associated with purchase accounting for certain acquisitions. EBITDA consists of GAAP income from operations excluding: (1) share-based compensation expense for stock options and stock awards in accordance with ASC 718; (2) amortization of capitalized software development costs (3) depreciation of property, plant and equipment; (4) amortization of acquired intangible assets; (5) acquisition-related expenses including advisory, legal, accounting, acquired employee-related costs, and integration costs; and (6) consulting expenses that are excluded from the definition of EBITDA under the terms of the Company’s Credit Agreement.
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Jul. 1, 2016 09:12 AM EDT
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jul. 1, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 610
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Jul. 1, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 758
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Jul. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 750
The idea of comparing data in motion (at the sensor level) to data at rest (in a Big Data server warehouse) with predictive analytics in the cloud is very appealing to the industrial IoT sector. The problem Big Data vendors have, however, is access to that data in motion at the sensor location. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Scott Allen, CMO of FreeWave, discussed how as IoT is increasingly adopted by industrial markets, there is going to be an increased demand for sensor data from the outermos...
Jul. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 522
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jul. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 542
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Jul. 1, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,298
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 1, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 681
"We work in the area of Big Data analytics and Big Data analytics is a very crowded space - you have Hadoop, ETL, warehousing, visualization and there's a lot of effort trying to get these tools to talk to each other," explained Mukund Deshpande, head of the Analytics practice at Accelerite, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 1, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 734
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2016' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited t...
Jul. 1, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 611
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, provided an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profession...
Jun. 30, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 544
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jun. 30, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,041
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Jun. 30, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 418
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 30, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,392
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 30, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,533
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jun. 30, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 677
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jun. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 763
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,138
Presidio has received the 2015 EMC Partner Services Quality Award from EMC Corporation for achieving outstanding service excellence and customer satisfaction as measured by the EMC Partner Services Quality (PSQ) program. Presidio was also honored as the 2015 EMC Americas Marketing Excellence Partner of the Year and 2015 Mid-Market East Partner of the Year. The EMC PSQ program is a project-specific survey program designed for partners with Service Partner designations to solicit customer feedbac...
Jun. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 727
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Jun. 30, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,004