|By Business Wire||
|November 12, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
Kronos Incorporated today announced financial results, company advancements, and customer successes for Fiscal 2012 which closed Sept. 30. Kronos revenues for the fiscal year increased 9 percent to $870 million. Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) increased to $266 million.1
“We are thrilled with our company’s financial performance. We are growing across all strategic aspects of our business – in the cloud, through product innovation, in the small and midsize business market, in the enterprise market, across our targeted vertical industries, and globally,” said Aron Ain, Kronos chief executive officer. “As we celebrate 35 years of innovation, we reflect upon our accomplishments – and, more importantly – look ahead toward a continued aggressive growth trajectory. As the pace-setter and game-changer in the workforce management market, we will continue to deliver exceptional value to customers around the globe.”
Fourth Quarter News Facts
- In the last quarter of Fiscal 2012, Kronos signed agreements with organizations around the world such as: CBS Interactive China, the largest vertical media group in China; Celadon Group, Inc., one of North America’s leading transportation companies; City of Tulsa, the second-largest city in the state of Oklahoma; Clemson University, a major land-grant, science- and engineering-oriented research university that maintains a strong commitment to teaching and student success; ESCO Corporation, a leading independent designer, manufacturer, and provider of highly engineered wear parts and replacement products used in mining, infrastructure development, power generation, aerospace and industrial applications; Gate Gourmet, the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for airlines and railroads; Jerry’s Enterprises, Inc., an operator of Jerry’s Foods, County Market, Cub Foods, and Save-a-Lot grocery stores; RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc., operator of a chain of convenience stores across the Southern U.S.; Rail Corporation New South Wales (RailCorp), Australian-provider of metropolitan passenger rail services; Renault-Nissan Automotive India, the India subsidiary of Renault-Nissan; Supermercados Peruanos, the second-largest supermarket and hypermarket chain in Peru; Takshasila Healthcare, a joint venture between Kirloskar, Secom, and Toyota Tsusho of Japan; The Medical University of South Carolina, the oldest medical school in the Southern U.S.; The Pentagon Force Protection Agency, a civilian defense agency within the U.S. Department of Defense; The YMCA of Greater Charlotte, a United Way member agency comprised of 19 branches and 2 resident camps; University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH), one of the largest NHS Trusts in the U.K. that provides first-class acute and specialist services in seven hospitals in London; York Region Police, one of the largest law enforcement organizations in the Greater Toronto area serving 1.1 million residents; and YRC Worldwide Ind., a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Overland Park, Kan., the holding company for a portfolio of brands including YRC Freight, YRC Reimer, Holland, Reddaway, and New Penn.
Fiscal 2012 News Facts
Growth in the Cloud
- More than 6,000 organizations are now successfully deployed in the Kronos Cloud. Kronos Cloud generates a fast return on investment while alleviating the need to invest in and manage additional infrastructure and staff. By choosing the Kronos Cloud, organizations free their staff to focus on other business objectives. Kronos now offers Workforce Central® in the Kronos Cloud for medium and large enterprises and Workforce Ready™ in the Kronos Cloud for small and midsize businesses.
Growth Through Product Innovation
- Workforce Central – Latest version (Workforce Central 6.3) balances rich functionality with unprecedented ease-of-use and includes innovative new features and consumer-driven enhancements to meet the needs of global customers, further improve usability, and expand functionality for absence management and scheduling.
- Kronos InTouch™ – Revolutionary time clock built for the modern workforce, Kronos InTouch delivers an unrivaled user experience; seamless integration to check accrual balances, request time off, and view schedules; a cloud-based architecture; and the first and only application platform devoted to improving productivity of the frontline workforce.
- Workforce Mobile™ – Latest version of Kronos’ award-winning mobile applications enables organizations to improve productivity by making it easier for managers and employees to complete a wide range of workforce-related tasks using a variety of mobile devices. Enhancements include MobileViews, enabling the writing of custom applications; advanced labor detail functionality; barcode scanning capabilities; simplified timecard approvals; and GPS data collection.
- Workforce Analytics™ – Enhanced labor analytics solution enables organizations to easily access and leverage their workforce data to identify, predict, and manage opportunities for cost savings and productivity gains. Vertical-specific analytics applications include real-time visibility into workforce and operational issues so concerns about labor costs and workforce needs can be addressed immediately; an intuitive, graphical management dashboard; sophisticated security features that provide personalized intelligence; and interoperability with an organization’s existing business intelligence tool.
- TeleStaff™ – Latest version of the Kronos TeleStaff public safety scheduling and notification solution includes enhancements that allow deployment on Microsoft SQL; new shift-bidding statuses enabling employees to view and monitor the status of their bids for shifts; and advanced reporting features.
- Workforce Tablet™ – Today at KronosWorks, Kronos announced availability of Workforce Tablet, a sleek, easy-to-use tablet app that delivers real-time, location-specific workforce information to frontline managers so they can more effectively manage in the moment.
- Workforce Task Management™ – Today at KronosWorks, Kronos announced availability of Workforce Task Management, a solution that simplifies store execution by providing end-users with a streamlined approach to create, approve, execute, and verify tasks. This drives productivity by streamlining communication between corporate and stores as well as increases sales and customer satisfaction by ensuring tasks are completed on time and consistently across locations.
Growth in Small and Midsize Business (SMB) Market
- SaaShr™ acquisition – By acquiring SaaShr.com, Kronos significantly broadened its product portfolio and gained access to an extensive network of partners and resellers. SaaShr offers a software-as-a-service (SaaS) workforce management suite for SMBs. Through its well-established network of payroll service bureaus, professional employer organizations, human resources outsourcers, and value-added resellers, SaaShr’s solutions are used in thousands of organizations across a wide variety of industries. Built from the ground up to operate in the cloud, SaaShr’s multi-tenant architecture delivers a consistent user experience across its suite of time and attendance, human resources, and payroll applications.
- Workforce Ready – Accelerating its cloud strategy, Kronos delivered a new suite of workforce management solutions for SMBs. Built from the ground up and designed to run in the cloud with its hosted multi-tenant architecture, Workforce Ready shares a common technology platform for time and attendance, human resources, and payroll applications; a universal employee record; and single user interface across its entire suite of applications.
Growth in Enterprise Market and Targeted Vertical Industries
- Large enterprise deployments – Kronos booked its greatest-ever number of large orders in excess of $1 million. Kronos’ vertical-specific expertise and the company’s innovative product offerings are often cited as top reasons these organizations selected Kronos. These large transactions included significant orders from new and existing customers including one of the top ten largest discount retailers; a global warehouse retailer; a leading international hotel chain; one of the largest, most comprehensive less-than-truckload networks in North America; the second-largest chicken producer in the world; a leading provider of emergency medical services in the U.S.; and one of the top 25 national public universities.
- OptiLink™ acquisition – Accelerates Kronos healthcare workforce management leadership by adding an industry-leading acuity-based staffing solution, OptiLink, to its workforce management suite. Kronos now offers the most advanced, clinically focused workforce management suite to help healthcare organizations deliver high-quality patient care.
- SMART™ acquisition – Supporting its aggressive international growth strategy and strengthening its presence in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region, Kronos acquired U.K.-based SMART Computer Holdings and its Spanish affiliate SMART Human Logistics. As a result, Kronos now offers the leading workforce management solution for National Health Service (NHS) organizations in the U.K., and established a physical presence in Spain.
- Reseller agreements – Kronos extended its reach in the Middle East through reseller agreements with Health Matrix Corporation and OCSHI, providers of technology solutions to the healthcare sector, delivering an enhanced distribution network in the region, as well as local knowledge and support for new healthcare customer deployments. In addition, Kronos extended its reach in the India market through a strategic alliance with Qimpro, leveraging the company’s leadership in consulting to drive workforce transformation in India.
- Support for Multinationals – With deployments in more than 100 countries, Kronos is proficient at supporting large multinational organizations. Kronos accommodates a vast array of region-specific pay rules, bringing ease to the highly complex task of paying employees around the world. Multinationals are increasingly choosing Kronos for its global expertise and global product capabilities.
- 35 Years of Innovation – In October, Kronos celebrated 35 years of innovation. Since its founding in 1977, the company has grown to be the global leader in the workforce management software market.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and Workforce Central are registered trademarks and Workforce Ready, InTouch, Workforce Mobile, Workforce Analytics, TeleStaff, Workforce Tablet, Workforce Task Management, SaaShr, OptiLink, and SMART are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Footnote: This press release contains non-GAAP financial measures. Kronos believes that non-GAAP measures of financial results provide useful information regarding certain financial and business trends relating to Kronos’ results of operations. Non-GAAP revenue consists of GAAP revenue excluding the effect of: (1) the write-down of deferred revenue associated with purchase accounting for certain acquisitions. EBITDA consists of GAAP income from operations excluding: (1) share-based compensation expense for stock options and stock awards in accordance with ASC 718; (2) amortization of capitalized software development costs (3) depreciation of property, plant and equipment; (4) amortization of acquired intangible assets; (5) acquisition-related expenses including advisory, legal, accounting, acquired employee-related costs, and integration costs; and (6) consulting expenses that are excluded from the definition of EBITDA under the terms of the Company’s Credit Agreement.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 25, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,461
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 25, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 906
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 25, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,582
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,235
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 25, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,808
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 25, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,550
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,582
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 25, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,524
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Sep. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,522
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 837
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,469
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,124
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,385
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,652
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,520
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,579
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,705
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 946
Big Data has been changing the world. IoT fuels the further transformation recently. How are Big Data and IoT related? In his session at @BigDataExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will explore the interplay of Big Data and IoT. He will anatomize Big Data and IoT separately in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. He will then analyze the relationship between IoT and Big Data, specifically the drilldown of how the 4Vs of Big Data (Volume, Variety,...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 984
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,574