|By PR Newswire||
|November 7, 2012 01:00 AM EST||
ESPOO, Finland, November 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Bluegiga Technologies announced today the availability of its new Bluetooth Smart Ready HCI module, BT111. BT111 is a low cost and ultra small Bluetooth Smart Ready HCI module that is designed for applications where both Bluetooth classic and Bluetooth low energy connectivity is needed. BT111 integrates a Bluetooth 4.0 dual mode radio, HCI software stack, USB interface and an antenna. BT111 is compatible with Windows and Linux operating systems and Microsoft and BlueZ Bluetooth stacks and offers OEMs a fast and risk free way to integrate Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity into their applications.
"The BT111 Bluetooth Smart Ready HCI module is an expansion to our existing Bluetooth 4.0 product family and provides an easy-to-use Bluetooth 4.0 dual mode solution for devices that have Linux or Windows operating systems. The latest Linux BlueZ and Microsoft Bluetooth host stacks support Bluetooth 4.0 and BT111 is an ideal companion to be used with them. The new BT111 Bluetooth Smart Ready HCI module offers an integrated Bluetooth 4.0 solution enabling fastest time-to-market with low development and certification costs and reduced R&D risks," says Mikko Savolainen, VP of Product Management.
BT111 Bluetooth Smart Ready HCI module has +8 dBm transmit power, approximately -90dBm received sensitivity, and dimensions of 13.05 x 9.3 x 2.3mm with an integrated chip antenna.
"We were able to take advantage of our expertise in making wireless modules when we designed the BT111. The goal was to design a really small Bluetooth 4.0 module without sacrificing the radio performance. I think we did a an excellent job here, since BT111 is twenty percent smaller than our similar, existing solutions and still provides better RF performance," says Riku Mettälä, VP of Engineering.
The new Bluegiga BT111 module will also be Bluetooth, CE, FCC, IC, South Korea, and Japan qualified and offers proven radio operation and minimal qualification costs. Bluegiga's products have a long lifetime and therefore are future proof solutions for OEMs that need long lifespan from the module vendor.
BT111 Evaluation Tools
BT111 evaluation kit is available with the following ordering code: DKBT111
The evaluation kit contains the following tools: BT111 USB evaluation board and SPI cable. Documentation and tools are available for download at http://techforum.bluegiga.com.
Learn more about the Bluegiga BT111 module: http://www.bluegiga.com/bt111
Get exclusive information on Bluegiga and the industry:
The Bluetooth word, mark, and logo are registered trademarks and are owned by The Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
© 2001-2012 Copyright Bluegiga Technologies. All rights reserved.
About Bluegiga Technologies Inc. Bluegiga Technologies Inc. provides Bluetooth-based wireless module and access device solutions to OEMs, integrators and teleoperators. The secure, cost-effective and easy to integrate devices are used by industry leaders in the areas of health and medical, automotive, audio, industrial, and consumer applications. Bluegiga was founded in 2000 with head office in Finland and sales offices in United States and Hong Kong. Through distribution network Bluegiga has presence in more than 65 countries worldwide. http://www.bluegiga.com
About Bluetooth wireless technology
Bluetooth wireless technology is the global short-range of wireless standards for personal connectivity from a wide range of electronic devices. The technology is now available in its fourth version of the core specification and continues to develop, building on its inherent strengths -a small-form factor radio, low power, low costs, built-in security, strength, accessibility, and ad hoc networking abilities. The installed Bluetooth devices were over one billion products at the end of 2006, making it the only well-known choice for developers, product manufacturers and consumers worldwide.
Mr Tom Nordman, VP, Sales and Marketing
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#